Article

Palacio del Condestable

Palacio del Condestable (Calle Mayor 2, Pamplona) — at the end of the 18th century it came into the hands of the Duke of Alba. Previously it had been used as a headquarters by archbishops and the town hall. It has now been restored and given special cultural recognition and is currently used as a […]

Article

Museo de Navarra

Museo de Navarra (Calle Santo Domingo 47, Pamplona) – located within a one-time hospital (Hospital de Nuestra Señora De la Misericordia), it has 7,700 m2 of exhibitions and conference rooms. Some of its furniture from Navarra dates back to 1910. It also has an art gallery consisting of paintings, sculptures etc…which are chronologically presented over […]

Article

Municipal Archive and former San Juan Seminary

Municipal Archive and former San Juan Seminary (Calle Mercado 11, Pamplona) — This Baroque building dates back to 1734. Since 1984 is has housed the town hall archives. It has an interesting Neogothic chapel which since 1991 has housed a museum dedicated to Pablo Sarasate.

Article

Iglesia de San Nicolas

Iglesia de San Nicolas (Calle San Miguel 15, Pamplona) – located in Pamplona’s old section, this is a fortified church dating back to 1231. It is a Norman church with some Gothic features. It used to serve as a defense for the inhabitants of the city. its thick walls and railings, and the only one […]

Article

Iglesia de San Lorenzo / Saint Lawrence Church

Iglesia de San Lorenzo / Saint Lawrence Church (Calle Mayor 74, Pamplona) – is located in the western corner of the Old Town, right next to the Taconera Park. It was originally built in the 14th century as a church-fortress, since it was part of the defensive system of the city. However, what we see […]

Article

Iglesia de San Saturnino

Iglesia de San Saturnino (Calle San Saturnino e/Calle Ansoleaga 21, Pamplona) – this church (a.k.a. San Cernin) was built during the 13th century by the kings of Navarra (and was said to have been built on the remains of a Roman temple). This was also a fortified church. It has an interesting Baroque chapel dedicated […]

Article

City Walls

City Walls — Built in 1512 in order to defend the city from the French, following the annexation of the city by the kingdom of Castilla and Aragon. Three quarters of the wall still remain, the part that is missing was pulled down in 1905 to allow the city to expand southwards. The city wall […]

Article

Citadel

Citadel (La Ciudadela) and Vuelta del Castillo Park (Av. del Ejército, Pamplona) — The citadel and the Vuelta del Castillo Park that surround it, form the biggest and most important green area of Pamplona. The citadel was built by order of Philip II of Spain in 1571 as part of the general strengthening of the […]

Article

Cathedral Basilica Santa Maria la Real

Cathedral Basilica Santa Maria la Real (Calle Curia, Pamplona) — built in the 13th century upon the remains of an ancient Roman cathedral, it was finished in 1525. It consists of several different styles inside: It has a Gothic vestibule and the main altar where the kings of Navarra were crowned has a statue of […]

Article

Arga River Park

Arga River Park (Pamplona) — this river’s course has become a colorful nature walk of around 12 km in length. It also has a long and winding river walk, the Parque Fluvial, which meanders along about 12 km. The million square meters it covers make it the first and largest green space in the city. […]