Plaza del Castillo (Pamplona) — This is the main square in the city. It is surrounded by arches and 17th and 18th century buildings. It is located between the old part of Pamplona and the modern part.
Palacio Real / Archivo General de Navarra (Calle Dos de Mayo, Pamplona): ubicado en la parte antigua, data de 1190 (construido por Sancho VI el Sabio). Durante la Edad Media fue utilizada como residencia por reyes y obispos (Carlos II, Felipe III, José Bonaparte). Hasta 1972, el Palacio fue utilizado como cuartel general militar.
Palacio de Navarra / Diputación (Av. Carlos III, 1/Plaza del Castillo, Pamplona) – this Neoclassic palace dates back to the middle of the 19th century. It is now the headquarters for the Navarran government. The altarpiece in the chapel and the gardens are interesting. It also has a painting of Fernando VII by Goya, and […]
Palacio del Condestable (Calle Mayor 2, Pamplona) — at the end of the 18th century it came into the hands of the Duke of Alba. Previously it had been used as a headquarters by archbishops and the town hall. It has now been restored and given special cultural recognition and is currently used as a […]
Museo de Navarra (Calle Santo Domingo 47, Pamplona) – located within a one-time hospital (Hospital de Nuestra Señora De la Misericordia), it has 7,700 m2 of exhibitions and conference rooms. Some of its furniture from Navarra dates back to 1910. It also has an art gallery consisting of paintings, sculptures etc…which are chronologically presented over […]
Municipal Archive and former San Juan Seminary (Calle Mercado 11, Pamplona) — This Baroque building dates back to 1734. Since 1984 is has housed the town hall archives. It has an interesting Neogothic chapel which since 1991 has housed a museum dedicated to Pablo Sarasate.
Iglesia de San Nicolas (Calle San Miguel 15, Pamplona) – located in Pamplona’s old section, this is a fortified church dating back to 1231. It is a Norman church with some Gothic features. It used to serve as a defense for the inhabitants of the city. its thick walls and railings, and the only one […]
Iglesia de San Lorenzo / Saint Lawrence Church (Calle Mayor 74, Pamplona) – is located in the western corner of the Old Town, right next to the Taconera Park. It was originally built in the 14th century as a church-fortress, since it was part of the defensive system of the city. However, what we see […]
Iglesia de San Saturnino (Calle San Saturnino e/Calle Ansoleaga 21, Pamplona) – this church (a.k.a. San Cernin) was built during the 13th century by the kings of Navarra (and was said to have been built on the remains of a Roman temple). This was also a fortified church. It has an interesting Baroque chapel dedicated […]
City Walls — Built in 1512 in order to defend the city from the French, following the annexation of the city by the kingdom of Castilla and Aragon. Three quarters of the wall still remain, the part that is missing was pulled down in 1905 to allow the city to expand southwards. The city wall […]